Monday, January 2, 2012

Travels - part 3/4

Alright, stop - collaborate and listen
Jaimie's back with her third edition
Of her
goofy little blog posts

Yep, right. to. my. head. (if this inside blog joke doesn't make sense to you, check out travel post #1 of 3)

In act three of four, you will see the breath-taking, awe-inspiring Lake Isabella, CA, home of Jason's sweet mama, siblings, and pups. Mountain living at its finest.

Just look at this place! I think Jason even shot this top image. I am teaching him the ways of photography (not that I know anything about it either).
It's fantastically beautiful here and it's winter! I hear it's even more idyllic in the spring.

We went for a hike one afternoon with Jason's mama, Grace. She is a hoot and its clear from where Jason gets his charm and charisma. Jason and his mom have a very sweet relationship. I snapped a few pics of these picture-shy subjects.
Jason took me to a really spectacular waterfall, as well. At first I liked it...

Then, I LOVED it!
On our hike we stumbled upon this delightful babbling brook
So I decided to traverse the stones (because that's what curious Jaimies do when they are decked out with appropriate footwear and donning their adventure vests)
But I didn't get too far because curious Jaimies quickly downshift once frightened, even when sporting their adventure vests. When this happens, Jaimies are known to perch upon said stones in mermaid fashion...
Until one day a mischievous man posing as a sweet boyfriend offers to take a few photos after maybe being gently nudged (read: scolded) about not taking initiative on vacation documentation the way certain Jaimies would like. So, this wolf in sheep's clothing decides to hide a small boulder behind his back and instructs the fair unsuspecting mermaid to smile. Once this is achieved, this man heaves the boulder into the frigid waters and catches the mermaid unawares - she emits a loud SHRIEK! You see, it is winter in the land and even her adventure vest cannot protect her from the elements.The mermaid knows there is a time and place for retribution, so she does not retaliate immediately. Moments later they are back visiting with the boy's family and the mermaid concocts a plan. She asks the boy's mother if there are any old photos that capture the gloriously awkward essence of a person to which the boy has alluded from years past. Sure enough...

The boy becomes immortalized on the fair mermaid's blog for the world to see.
The boy will learn to not throw stones at glass houses or unsuspecting mermaids trustingly perched atop a babbling brook. But, let's face it: the boy, long haired or not, is still very cute. This next picture reminds me of a world where Beverly Hills 90210 meets a John Hughes movie.
And now, without proper segue, I will include something that is so incredible it almost could not be captured. Morgan is one of Grace's dogs and I swear these dogs can understand English. One evening the dogs, who are typically very well behaved (read: food was in licking distance on a coffee table all evening and was not even sniffed) until one dog could not longer stand it. Morgan drug a piece of meat from the plate in hopes that no one would notice. Immediately Grace recognized what happened and inquired "Morgan, what did you do? What did you do??" I will post a before and after to get a sense of baseline facial expressions.

Morgan (and Belle) baseline, spooning
Morgan, ashamed
Note: This is not me anthropomorphizing Morgan nor is it Morgan snarling. Morgan wore this embarrassed and a touch regretful but gentle, gleeful smile when being questioned. I kept trying to get him to replicate it for the rest of the visit because it was so damn funny!

Appropriate segues notwithstanding, here are some of Jason's Lake Isabella sibs:
Angel and Jason
Aaron and Jason
And Bruce, who is playing with the helicopter we got him for Christmas. Brennen, Bruce's twin, is not pictured.
Many more adventures were had in Lake Isabella. Ask Jason about the epic Uno game. :)

This sums up travel post #3. Post #4 is in the making and will feature Disneyland and Los Angeles! Gooooood night.

No comments:

Post a Comment