Wednesday, January 18, 2012

An Ode to DK and MC

It turns out there might be more than four people reading this blog - up the number to five! Dear readers, I was notified of a terrible oversight and the department responsible for neglecting to report on this event has already been downsized.

On the great winter trip of 2011, there were a few events that seemed to miss the headlines. Namely, we dined with the great Derek and Mary. I frankly can't remember the name of the joint, but I did order these delicious macarones among other delectable options.

Below is a picture snapped before our dinner with these two lovelies. Okay, maybe it's a photo I stole from their wedding, but whatevs. Tomato, toe-mah-toe.

Actually, I was so taken with this picture, that I decided to peruse a sneak peek of their wedding photos. So elegant and classic!

Check it out here: http://callawaygable.com/blog/2012/01/07/los-angeles-athletic-club-new-years-eve-wedding-mary-derek/

Anyhow, Derek, who is a dear high school turned real live adult friend, and his beautiful wife Mary met my sweet Jason. Derek and Jason hit it off like old chums, exchanging a tennis match of political banter fit for their own broadcast.

We had a marvelous time and remarked how pleased we'd be if we could call LA home in August. Derek and Mary, please accept my apologies on behalf of Adventures in Jaimieland, Inc. For the oversight, you will receive a free lifetime subscription to our blog.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! We had a blast at Bottega Louie, even though your enthusiasm for the macarons exceeds my own. As I may have mentioned, I prefer the coconut ones featured at most Jewish holidays (macaROONS) to those fussy French ones (macaWRONGS!) But, the ones there are pretty tasty for an inferior cookie.

    By the way, my transformation from high school to real live adult friend makes me sound like Pinocchio. With my schnozz, it's a comparison i know all too well. :)

    ReplyDelete