Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Happy birthday, Mr. President


















Well, friends...I finally had my moment of fame. As we were exploring Madrid yesterday, I was taking in the sights and completely consumed by the beauty of the architecture. It was a hot summer day in Spain and I welcomed a burst of cool air on my face as I crossed the air vent. What I didn't realize what that this refreshing mist not only grazed my face, it also lifted my dress...TO MY WAIST! I am standing in a busy intersection with security guards, local riffraff, vendors, diners, tourists, etc and I probably called even more attention to myself because I began to shriek! I quickly gathered the fabric and darted off the vent. Needless to say, the damage had been done.

When I posted this event on my facebook page, one of my friends made fun of me and then posed the question: "Well, you were wearing underwear, right?!?!"

Girl, I pulled a Marilyn, NOT a Britney! I took a pic of the cursed vent and will post that tonight.

Let's see if I can stay out of trouble in Segovia; I wore jeans just in case. :)

So, now I am posting 2 photos; one is of the infamous dress and its owner doing ballet in front of some fancy building, another is the damned vent. Take a gander, will you? It didn't look like a bully to me, either. Curses!

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute dress. I'm thinking it was worth it. You got an adorable picture out of wearing it so it wasn't a complete fail.

    ReplyDelete