Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sweet Jesus, I am done. Well, sorta...

Today marks my successful dissertation proposal meeting and I celebrated with a righteous nap. The kind where you fall into such a deep sleep that I think you actually transcend this plane. It was glorious.

My meeting today went really well and I know it is because of everyone's support on this long, arduous journey that I can write this blog with a huge grin and not through tears. I am particularly thankful for Leland today as he came through and responded to my frenzy of stats questions just in the nick of time. But, I truly understand Hierarchical Regression and this is probably the greatest feat of the whole experience.

The next step in my dissertation is that I create my online survey and collect my data starting at the end of this month until late November. I am so curious to see what's going to unfold.Then, I'll analyze my data in the spring and hopefully defend the project in late spring.

In case you, 4 readers, are unfamiliar with my project, here's the title:

Everybody Fails Sometimes: Exploring Relations Between Self-Compassion for Poor Academic Performance, Generational Status, and the Learning Outcomes of College Students


HUZZAH!


I'll report more as this thing unfolds. For now, I'll hopefully be writing about the new social life I have and all of the fun times I'm going to share reconnecting with friends. This means YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment