I am finally finding a few minutes to breathe...sorta. Here's what's been happening:
1. Family: Ashley is here! It's been marvelous having her here and difficult to find pockets of time to work on projects for all of my four jobs but she's been helpful. She was my TA and helped me grade my final exams, and heard me out on a walk as I explained my dissertation rationale. Man, do I miss her! We had a fantastic girls day out getting hair cuts, lunching at the Steeping Room, and shopping at the Domain.
2. Love: Jason is moving south! I'm looking forward to poolside margaritas stat at his new place!
3. School: My dissertation almost makes sense. I have been chasing my tail on the narrative for a while, but I think I finally figured it out. Two weeks before it's due. Awesome.
4. Play: I have decided to run the Austin half marathon (with Ashley, Chris, Alyssa and maybe Jason!). I need to find hobbies again and I have always loved running (when my knees and tailbone don't hate me). Fingers crossed that I stay healthy and make it all the way to February. I would also like to sub in for a few soccer games and paint one picture and read one book.
5. Work: Texas State's courses have ended and I had a blast teaching this summer. It was simultaneously challenging and rewarding; EDP 310 orientation is next week and I'm looking forward to being on campus again with a new set of AIs (Jason!) and students. Things at the Attorney General's Office are still going strong and I'm looking forward to spending more time and energy on the project.
I'll post some pics after this weekend. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment