Yes, you (all 4 of you) are reading another post about my dissertation. Why? Because it is all-consuming and preying on any creativity I might possess otherwise. And, I feel like I am neglecting my blog and guilty that I am consuming valuable web space with my ill-attended online diary. Guilt. It's what Jews do.
Here's the status:
IRB approval - check
Application for candidacy - nearly checked off. I promoted one of my committee members to co-chair so I have dos sillas. That says "two chairs" for those of you who are monolingual and had to type "chair in Spanish" into your Google browser (something your author would NEVER do). Anyhow, they both have to approve of my application now, but it's a formality.
First draft - on page 67, word 15,511. Shoot me in the face. I am hoping that I forgot to add two spaces after each period so I can get some more mileage out of those 15,511. I am not hoping that I accidentally (and ambitiously) added two spaces after each period and now have to condense my work. God, please no.
Proposal meeting - August 24th, whether I'm ready or not. I am circling "or not" right now and hoping that'll change in a hurry.
Here's my status:
Gray hairs sprouted - 0
Friends neglected - most
Fun summer activities attended - close to 0
Number of hours spent in coffee shops - a trillion
Number of coffee beverages consumed - 0 (GROSS!)
Number of diet cokes consumed - brb, purchasing stock in Coca-Cola
Number of roommates who enable my d.c. habit - 1
Number of supportive boyfriends retained - 1
Number of alternate career options imagined if I fail to complete said dissertation - 5 and open to suggestions; Current top choice: recreational activities instructor at mental institution where enrolled upon failing out of grad school in hopes of institution subsidizing stay.
Number of minutes I have wasted on this blog - 14
Number of minutes I have wasted of yours as you were reading this blog - 2 (sorry)
best entry yet. you've got this girl!
ReplyDelete