Well, we've been here for a little less than three days and so much has happened. And changed. Wow, my life is going to be vastly different here. Really our lives will be different but I am the one who seems most affected by everything. Also, I am the one who blogs about it. So...my life it is.
Change #1: Did you know you have to carry what you buy? From any place you buy it? If you trek 20 minutes to your nearest Trader Joe's, you have to account for your biceps. And mine are small.
![]() |
| Exhibit A: Grocery shopping. |
Change #3: We live in a fourth floor walk-up. Translation: I am going to have a butt of steal. And calves. And everything. I am going to be rock solid. Except that we can't stop eating. Everything is delicious and I haven't even had a bagel yet. Pizza, Chinese, local diner, check! I am proud to report I WALKED around the corner (maybe 150 steps) to procure this delicious feast. For $20.
Panda Delight's finest
Speaking of our apartment, did you know I am marrying a "maximizer"? Jenn Leach knows which is why she and Jason are kindred spirits. If this term is unfamiliar to you, allow the Happiness Project to elucidate: "Maximizers want to make the optimal decision. So even if they see a bicycle or a photographer that would seem to meet their requirements, they can’t make a decision until after they’ve examined every option, so they know they’re making the best possible choice." Translation: we must overturn EVERY stone before selecting our stone. Our bedframe. Our desk. Our armoire. Guess how many laps we hoofed around IKEA? I don't have that many fingers and toes, so I lost count. Nonetheless, five hours later we emerged with a lot of things. This surprised even us. Thanks Jane (ahem, Dr. Vogler!) and Kevin for your contribution to the pile!
![]() |
| Our impressive IKEA loot |
![]() |
| Me pestering Jason as he does something productive |
Stay tuned for future misadventures of J's in the City. In two weeks, we'll have J's plus an A. Watch out world!




No comments:
Post a Comment