I noticed the other day that I had to have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Immediately. It wasn't for any other reason than watching a character on tv enjoying one. I snickered as I recalled one of my most cherished childhood memories: I am in elementary school and I'm not feeling well. I decide to watch The Neverending Story for the 70th time and promptly make myself a PB&J in preparation to consume it along with the protagonist. He eats a bite, I eat a bite. Artax!
I decided to make a list of some of my other laughable traits in hopes that you'll share yours, too!
1. PB&J copycat story (see above)
2. I will staple a packet of papers and immediately touch the fastened staple. Every time.
3. I greet my plants, save insects when possible, and believe that everything has feelings. Including stuffed animals.
4. If I open a pack of gum, I will consume the entire 15-30 pieces in less than an hour.
5. At rest, my posture resembles a dismounted Olympic gymnast and there's nothing I can do about it
6. If I am around any foreign accent or listen to the same person laughing for a short period of
time, I will begin to mimic both of them without realizing it.
7. If I see kettle corn, I must have it. All of it. Now.
8. I am never without a drink. Water and diet coke are my favorites and I blame soccer for making me believe I am constantly dehydrated.
9. When I hear a song I like, I will listen to it until I can't listen anymore.
10. I have to eat cheese once per day. In any capacity.
11. I am addicted to my laptop
12. I love to be in costume. I wish it was Halloween every day of the year and I am constantly contemplating my next sartorial adventure!
I once laughed at my Dad for writing about his socks. It looks like the apple doesn't fall far from the nerd. Eek!
Love it Jaimie-
ReplyDeleteWhen I read the first words of #6, "If I am around any foreign accent.." I knew how the sentence would end because I've witnessed it. Ha! I love you and your oddities. Everyone has them you know, most people just don't recognize them. Maybe I'll sit down and make a list of mine :)
You've witnessed it???? When??? I am SO WEIRD! Pleasepleaseplease make a list of yours! Sharing them will be like a coffee date for us at DJ's! <3 Okay, now I miss you even more. Hmph!
ReplyDeleteHi. My name is Tanner. First time reader. First time commenter.
ReplyDelete1) If I see a pen without its cap, I have to put it back on.
2) When I am told the plate is hot, I have to verify how hot it is. I never doubted the server, just had to see for myself.
3) I am addicted to my smart phone.
4) If I don't respond to a text or email nearly instantly, it will be a long time before I think about it again.
5) After years of fighting it, I acknowledge that I like mid 90s emo music.
6) I will forever try to play it off and make jokes about not being, but I am insanely competitive.
Sure there are more, but my list was getting lame way too fast.