Friday, July 10, 2009

Holy fall (and spring)!

Wow, I am already feeling the intensity of the upcoming fall semester! These are my various endeavors (both scholastic and otherwise).

Also, and I don't mean to brag but I am kind of excited about this: my UT course surveys were returned today (for my EDP 310 course) and my supervisor said I should go up for a teaching award! I won't relay the student comments via blog entry. Just ask. They are both funny and ridiculous.

2009
AUGUST
3rd: Counting Crows concert!
24th: ACC begins: Teaching 1 section of PSYC 1300: Effective Learning
27th: UT begins. Taking Biological Bases of Behavior, Prospectus, and Research Practicum; teaching EDP 310: Individual Learning Skills (2 sections)

SEPTEMBER
10-12th: U2 concert, Chicago

OCTOBER
2-4th is ACL! http://www.aclfestival.com/default.aspx
9-11th: U2 concert, Tampa
21-23rd: Presenting in San Antonio, TX for CASP
28-31st: Presenting in Richmond, VA for the College Reading and Learning Association Conference (CRLA)

NOVEMBER
15th: San Antonio half-marathon

DECEMBER
Travel to FL?? Elsewhere??

2010
JANUARY
23rd: I turn 30. Yikes!!!

FEBRUARY
14th: Austin half-marathon
27th: Bronwyn and Ed get married!!

MARCH
4th: The twins turn 27!
10-13th: Presenting in Columbus, OH for the National Association for Developmental Education Conference
Paper: The Community College Longitudinal Retention Study
March 13th: Lauren and Justin get married!! Visit their website: http://web.me.com/laurenandjustin/Site/Welcome.html

APRIL
29th-May 4th Presenting in Denver, CO for AERA.
Paper: The Community College Longitudinal Retention Study

AUGUST
12-15th Presenting in San Diego, CA at APA

OCTOBER
TBA Presenting in El Paso, TX at Conference on Academic Skills (CASP)

6 comments:

  1. OMG, you're running 2 half marathons?!?!?!?!? I'm so in awe. Some day...
    Also, I'm CRLA certified. I have no idea what that means. My old boss goes to that conference every year. Remind me to tell you her name and you can look out for her.
    And you should definitely go for the teaching award. That's sooooooo awesome!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear all your students' comments. Do tell!
    You are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. C-Not running yet. Considering. Do it with me! And thanks for your encouragement. You are my hero.

    A-Soyou are going to come visit me in OH? Is that what you are telling me?? I miss you! Call me back!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaimie really should do the SA half -- Dave and I might do it with you!! Lets decide soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you forgot our wedding! you'd better be there since you're the one to make it all official..

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) I added it. I actually thought about it after I created this and then forgot that I thought about it. Poor short term memory. :) <3

    ReplyDelete