Friday, July 31, 2009

How can so many ridiculous things exist in one world?

So, today I am compiling a list of things that make me laugh. Check this posting every few weeks for more ridiculousness.

www.textsfromlastnight.com: "and she's shaped like a lego person so that's not happening"

Fav TV moment: Alex Edelstein, contestant from the critically acclaimed "Millionaire Matchmaker", serenades his date in hopes of showing his softer side. He perceives himself as this wildly successful, emotionally disconnected businessman, so during their date in Las Vegas, he pre-arranges some stage time with the band. He dons his guitar and croons:

Have you ever been to bed with a man who is sensitive?
Have you ever been to bed with a man who cries?
Well that's me...

The cameras cut him off at that point so as to preserve any dignity he might scrape off that stage. I tried to find it on YouTube; if you have a chance, you really should go to http://www.bravotv.com/the-millionaire-matchmaker and search for Alex's episode. It's classic. Classically disastrous!

My dog hiding from a thunder storm in my dryer:
and again in my bathtub:

From a t-shirt in a shop near my house: (Dialogue between two dinosaurs, one with a hand print on his cheek) "I didn't slap you, I high-fived your face."

From the online edition of The Onion (which reminds me of the movie Idiocracy):
http://www.theonion.com/content/news/report_90_of_waking_hours_spent

A YouTube gem; if we're friends, I've likely made you watch this cute asian baby sing "Hey Jude" 80 times already: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxpgpcRq5Qw

One of my new favorite websites: www.awkwardfamilyphotos.com
"He considered the earrings but thought
it would look too matchy-matchy."

KEYBOARD CAT!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J---aiyznGQ


These next few offerings are credited to Caelie (http://caelie.blogspot.com/). I essentially took a "How to use the internet" class from her this past weekend.

This next clip depicts Seth Rogen appearing on Jimmy Kimmel Live. He describes how Megan Fox allegedly rejected him on a past show where they were both guests.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNO6OUd6iOc


Jimmy Fallon comments on the recent surge in cinematic fantasy films and literature (but who reads anymore??) utilizing our two heros: Edward Cullen and Harry Potter. Arguably, if these two individuals were to conceive a child, I think this offspring would embody perfection. As old as the Sharks and the Jets, Fallon offers a much-needed Vampire vs. Wizard debate. When you visit this website, click on the NBC image box. A short advertisement will play first and then you'll see the show.

http://tvdonewright.com/2009/07/jimmy-fallon-spoofs-edwardcullen-danielradcliffe-harry-potter-vs-twilight/

fallon_pattinson_potter

Another Jimmy Fallon gem. One of Fallon's goals is to reunite the cast from Saved By the Bell on his show. He has successfully recruited several memebers and Mark-Paul is up next. Get ready to watch an old favorite, Zack Morris, materialize in front of your very eyes. This interview is a phenomenal example of time travel. I can even taste my magically delicious lucky charms as I get ready for 10th grade.

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/blogs/2009/06/zack-attacks-late-night-signs-on-for-the-reunion/


Holy christmas! Charlie the Unicorn! As you may know, unicorns and goats are my two favorite animals, so this cartoon overwhelmed me greatly!! The underwater "cheer me up" goat singing to Charlie is my favorite scene.



3 comments:

  1. Oh. My. I remember that Millionaire Matchmaker episode. I remember crying I was laughing so hard! I am a fan of "my favorite funny" posts -- always good to return to them later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you finally saw charlie the unicorn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such greatness. The internet rules my world.

    ReplyDelete