Monday, April 22, 2013

In the Jungle, the Mighty Jungle - a Boa is Worn Tonight.

I have been finding one thing I love about NYC every week. I don't always post about it but this week I am inspired by the philanthropic heartbeat of this city. Volunteering is actually a "cool" thing to do and people are so generous with their time and other resources. It's really something special.

Tonight I attended a benefit for God's Love We Deliver, a non-profit organization focused on delivering meals to those who are fraught with illness and their loved ones.

The party-goers were 75% gay, 24% elderly, and 1% Krause - my kind of party! I was particularly taken with a woman who must be in her 80's. At one point, she wheeled herself to the middle of the dance floor and -steadied by her walker- shook it in the style of Soul Train through a crowd of awed onlookers. I can't even.

I just adore Matt and James...and of course my gorgeous little sis (all pictured below). Thanks for the cheer up party, friends. I needed to wear a boa and dance my ass off to Whitney tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment