It appears I've discovered a hidden talent, which is fun to do in your thirties. Also, it is not that surprising I didn't know about said talent before because I've never faced a "real" winter. So, it turns out I am AMAZING at hibernating. Like, supercalifragilistic awesome.
The caveat, as my friend in wit Lauren Blondeau reminded me, is that there is not a whole lotta eating going on when animals hibernate. That is why I'm not exactly hibernating. I am hiberneating. It is a much better version of hibernating because you enter full sloth mode - here's some inspiration for the lifestyle. It's really pretty glorious and I recommend everyone to give it a whirl. It's amazing how quickly one can transition from productive, effective person to sloth. I am going to check Guiness on this but I might be a strong candidate for top five productive-to-panda people in the world.
I hope this attitude sticks for 2013 - identify something that is mildly disappointing about myself and then turn it upside down to a celebratory blog post.
I will leave you with some recent self-shots.


Impressive lichen/moss growth! I heard that is level 3 slothdom.
ReplyDeleteThank you. All I know is that I am definitely at a level higher than 1 in sloth city.
ReplyDelete