Sunday, January 30, 2011

I heart weekends!

Enjoying the second of two birthday weekends.

Friday
Thai Passion for dinner and game night with the roomies.

Saturday
Started off with some taco Deli breakfast tacos (thanks, Bryan)

Next, we went to the Alamo Drafthouse and saw The King's Speech on Saturday. For those you don't know, the 'Mo is a movie theater/dining/drinking experience. As such, we had: chips, queso and avocado; Mexican tofu salad, fried pickles and ranch, bleu cheese burger (Bobby) and chili queso fries, Fireman's 4 beer and Riesling. We are never eating again. Until tomorrow.

We met some friends at 219 and Fado to celebrate a friend's birthday. January is a serious birthday month! Mexican martinis are a serious drink.

Sunday
9:00 am Headache, Advil, back to sleep.

10:30 am Bobby and I took our inaugural ride on my FANCY NEW bike! I bequeathed my old bike to Bobby because it's too tall for me. I We had a blast! We explored some country roads behind our house, but due to our inexperience with bike riding, we neglected to consider that we might be thirsty on this uncharacteristically warm winter day. Or get lost. Or hungry. Or wonder what time it is. Live and learn! In any event, we are super duper excited about future Sunday bike rides and adventures.

Now we're watching our current favorite show Pushing Daisies and eating blue razz poprocks. Feeling more like 12 and less like 31. :) Since we rode our tails off earlier today, we're headed to Cannoli Joe's, an Italian place Bobby's been talking about for a year. Yum, yum, yum, yum.

As you can see, I just learned how to embed links into my sweet, tech-novice blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment