Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Love Fern

This will be a short one because I am actually supposed to be preparing to teach on Monday, submitting my prospectus, and getting my life in order. In that order.

The short of it is this: I suck at succulents. No matter how hard I try, I kill them. I am really good at ivy and have managed to sustain life for about 6 plants. I've had one of them for 2 years and she's still going strong! I digress...

After my latest murder, I decided I needed to fill the pot and try my hand at a different species. Bobby and I were out running errands and I begged him to let me visit the plants. He gave me a look that said "Are you sure?" I replied with a look that said "Yes, I promise not to kill another innocent plant."

As we approach the plants, I begin to get excited. I don't know where this semi-green thumb came from, but I won't fight it. Now we're standing in front of tons of potted beauties and Bobby asks in a sing-songy voice, "Okay, which one of you want to die tooo-dayy?" Once I make my selection, he starts humming the funeral march. Hmph! Here's the newest addition-let's see if I can work my magic with Pina (she looks like a pineapple)! Wish us luck!




2 comments:

  1. LOL Mom and Dad seem to think that Chris and I can keep their plants alive while they are gone. Psh.

    ReplyDelete