Thursday, July 1, 2010

My Summer Hands


Hello friends,

I haven't posted in a while because I've been busy living, however I did feel I needed to show you something. Have a look:


I am a total mess this summer! The bandage is protecting me from myself at this point. I sprained my hand a while back (think at least a month ago) playing football (thanks, Scott!) and my fingers are STILL swollen. What's worse-I'm left-handed and I keep forgetting I'm hurt until I try to lift something of any weight and my fingers pop. It's really fun!

My herpes-type wound decorating my right hand is newly-acquired. I had an incident with a teapot that I won't soon forget. I'll spare you the gory details, but let's just say that the lid of the pot betrayed me as I went to fill my eager, empty mug with water and then attached itself to my hand. While scalding. It was ALSO super fun!

It's a good thing I can use my monkey toes and feet for everyday chores...and opposable thumbs. I took Sky for a job shortly after my teapot fumble and used one thumb to hold her leash and the other to hold her non-vacant poop bag. I'm sure none of my neighbors made fun of me later around the dinner table. Totally confident of that!

1 comment:

  1. Holy Shit Jaimie; that's a serious burn!!! I've burned myself plenty of times before, but I've never had one look quite this pretty!
    You're going have to take it easy for a while.... and you're not allowed to hurt you're legs/feet for at least a month, 'til we're SSC champs. :)

    ReplyDelete