Hello Dear Readers,
As some of you may know, my beloved pup, Skylar, is experiencing some fairly severe health issues right now. It started with some instability issues and now she has a difficult time steadying herself without the aide of a wall or person. In addition, she has been yelping several times per day, as if someone continuously steps on her tail. Her back legs are beginning to shake and this once energetic and vivacious pup has taken to curling up in dark corners. Naturally, it is breaking my heart.
She was diagnosed with Geriatric Vestibular Syndrome about a year ago, but it became clear several months later that her symptoms outgrew her diagnosis. After several visits to different local vets, I met last week with Dr. Levine (a veterinary neurologist from Texas A & M) who suggested that an MRI is the only viable next step if we want to find out the cause of Skylar's illness.
Although I am typically not one to ask for help, I feel I have no other options. I don't want to see my dog suffer, especially if there is something we can do about it. I know this economy is tight right now, and several of my friends have had great ideas! Unfortunately, my community won't allow individual garage sales so I have to wait until the next approved date. A kissing booth is hilarious, so if someone wants to VOLUNTEER to be the kisser, I am happy to mix some lemonade and bake cupcakes to make an event out of it. I have rationalized asking for help because (after I graduate and have any money at all) I will buy your child's bake sale items, Girl Scout cookies, holiday fundraiser wall paper, pre-packaged cookie dough, support you on various fundraising athletic events, etc. :)
I have set up a Paypal account if you are able to contribute to Skylar's fund. A few of my incredibly generous friends suggested I set up this account, and I appreciate the idea. Anything helps and we both thank you from the bottom of our hearts and wagging tails.
Love,
Jaimie, Skylar, Bobby, and Tabitha
I emailed your post to my aunt who does a ton of animal rescuing in Dallas. She does so much with animals I thought she might have someone here who might be able to help out. She's so great with animals and has devoted so much of her life to it. I know it's a bit of a long shot but I thought I'd give it a try. If I hear anything from her I'll let you know. Her name is Kathi btw (in case she tries to email you or anything) and she's incredibly sweet.
ReplyDeleteGood luck! I don't think Javi would let me do a kissing booth, but I could definitely bake some cookies or brownies. Let me know what I can do to help!
Thank you, Caelie. Anything helps. I will look forward to corresponding with your aunt and/or eating your cookies. :)
ReplyDelete