I have been really moved by a few movies lately. Crazy Heart has been the most recent object of my affection, though 500 Days of Summer, Up, Juno and Namesake have been in that category, too.

When I was younger, I loved fantasy. The Princess Bride, Willow, Labyrnith, and Harry Potter captured my whimsical heart.

Now, in a movie, I want honesty. I want to see the human experience as I understand it (and don't) reflected upon in some extraordinary way. I appreciate stories of struggle, heartbreak, triumph, imperfection, and acceptance. I was much less willing to take an honest appraisal of my life once upon a time and the evolution of my cinematic interests reflects that. Film and text are rich with messages and life lessons if you allow enough flexibility for application to your own life.
I am no film critic; just a girl with sharp senses and a rather deep capacity for human emotion. With that said, I implore you...go see Crazy Heart. Now.
No comments:
Post a Comment