Yes, friends, this is the official Google Maps image of my home. I suspected this photograph was captured somewhere after 2005 and before 2009 because my sister's car is parked in the driveway. I had forgotten the hilarity of this picture, as my prospective visitors are always directed to my house this way: "You know, it's the brick one, with the dog poop in the lawn." Last week I went running during one weekday afternoon and almost fell on the concrete sidewalk with laughter. I saw this very man, with this very knapsack (perhaps with a NEW baby), walking this very dog, in these very shorts. I wanted to tell him that he both ruined and enriched my Google Maps image. I wanted to tell him that he was busted, for the world to see! Do you see a small poop baggie in this hand because I sure don't! I could report this man to our Home Owner's Association because he probably set the precedent for discreetly ignoring our dogs' collective excrement on the green belt behind our houses and around the neighborhood.
But, mainly, I wanted to invite Google Maps back our to my neighborhood. Just give me a few hours notice. There are a few prunes I wish to feed my dog first.
I suppose it's better than the guy taking a dump on your lawn.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, that's a pretty nice house you've got there Mom. Much swankier digs than your son has out here in Los Angeles. :)
DK! :) I did not see you amongst my esteemed list of readers. Where art thou?? And thanks...you should really be complementing your Grand Pap Krause in sofla for that one. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat can I say? I'm intrigued by the misadventures of this particular ridiculous girl and her dog.
ReplyDeleteHoping there's a couch or futon in that fancy house for me to crash on when I finally get to Austin. Just got a cool loft apartment in Downtown LA, so you and Ashley (and whoever else) are always welcome if your travels bring you to a different warm and lovely state.